Did you know that flax seeds are now one of the healthiest and most nutritious ingredients in your diet?
Flax is sold in many places: in ordinary pharmacies and specialty stores with natural foods. It contains a lot of dietary fiber, also, it is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, so you have full strength to start a new day.
What seeds do you usually eat during the day? Although most people do not add this ingredient to their diets, it is completely essential for health.
Why seeds are so useful?
- Helps remove toxins and waste
- It consists of vegetable proteins
- It helps regulates bowel function
- Improves skin health
- Improves brain function
- Is a natural source of fiber
- Contains many antioxidants
- It contains complex carbohydrates that are slowly broken down and gradually give the body energy, so you feel full and do not gain weight
What seeds are best consumed regularly?
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cumin seeds
Useful properties of flax seeds
1. It is very nutritious
- Flax seeds contain many polyunsaturated Omega-3 (75%) and Omega-6 (25%) fatty acids.
- It contains digestive enzymes.
- Flax seeds contain vitamins E and B.
- The most important elements contained in flax are iodine, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, and even copper.
2. Helps improve digestion and regulate your weight
- Due to the content of digestive enzymes, flax seeds help to better process food and improve your intestinal passage.
- Flax seeds also have detoxifying properties. It helps cleanse the intestines and improves the body’s absorption of nutrients.
- Due to the high content of soluble fiber, you feel fuller, fluid does not stagnate in the body and constipation does not occur.
All this makes it a great part of any diet.
3. A great choice for improving women’s health
- Flax seeds contain dietary fiber, which is one of the richest known sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Also, it is known to contain weak estrogenic compounds that help prolong the menstrual cycle and increase the body’s natural reserves of estrogen.
- Flax seeds contain a type of phytochemical compound known as lignin, which provides powerful protection against breast, colon, and lung cancer.
4. Improves intestinal health and prevents constipation
As we have repeated several times, due to its high fiber content, flax seeds are an effective remedy for constipation, and also helps cleanse the intestines of harmful toxins and toxins that accumulate and change the bacterial flora.
However, it is important to remember that flax seeds are not recommended for diverticulosis.
Why? These small seeds can get into the sacs that form in the inflamed gut and do a lot of damage.
5. Skin and hair care
If you have skin problems, such as psoriasis or eczema, flax seeds can help. Just apply it every night and leave while you sleep.
Do you suffer from dandruff? Do not worry. Flax seeds oil also treats this annoying problem. All you have to do is rub a few drops into the scalp with light massage movements.
How to consume flax seeds?
1. Just pour flax seeds into a coffee grinder to grind it. Ideally, you should add 1 tbsp to sandwiches, salads, juices, yogurts, soups, etc.
The idea of grinding the seeds is great, because this way their outer shell will open, and the natural properties and enzymes will come out.
2. You can also boil flax seeds in a glass of water:
- Pour 1 tbsp of the seeds into boiling water and let it infuse for a few minutes until it absorbs water.
- When you see that the water has become cloudy, everything is ready.
- Drink this drink every morning to prevent constipation.
Picture Credit: Pexels