The home alarm system is a key component of the entire security system for homes. It is designed in a way that aids in the detection of unauthorized people or intruders into the house and dedicated to detecting numerous property hazards. The electronic home alarm system comes with sensors with which it can accurately sense any motion of burglars and set off signals like sirens to warn the house owners or the neighbors in their absence.
Now, let us look at the major components of a typical house alarm system:
The Actual Control Panel:
The control panel is an integral part of an alarm system. It can be considered as the ‘brain’ of the system, as it aids in determining the inputs of a sensor, identifies intrusion, etc. The control panel is made up of ‘computer circuit boards’ that requires the supply of energy to run.
• The sensors: Sensors are gadgets that help in the detection process of a home alarm system. Sensors are installed in premises where the protection is most needed. Upon installation, a sensor operates by monitoring any movement of doors and windows opening. It even senses any disturbance, motion, sound or any vibration in areas, which remains unoccupied.
• The alerting mechanism: Upon sensors sensing suspicious activities, the alerting mechanism starts functioning immediately in order to send warning signals to aware the house owners or the neighborhood when in danger.
• Keypad system: The keypad system in an alarm system is the basic interface for the instrument and the human being.
• Interconnections: Connectivity plays a vital role in a system. Proper and precise connectivity among the elements of a mechanism results in an accurate set up for any system. The lack of suitable interconnections will lead to a malfunctioning system, which is not at all acceptable in case of an alarm system.
After knowing the components of an alarm system, let us now consider the advantages and disadvantages associated with a home alarm system.
Advantages of Installing a Home Alarm System
• Round the clock security: Installation of a home alarm system means a guaranteed protection 24*7. The safety and security provided by such alarms ensure tight safekeeping of children if left alone in the house. It even lets you sleep peacefully throughout the night guarding your family, your house, and yourself against burglar breach or unexpected mishaps.
• Hindrance for crimes and criminals: Use a sign to display that your residence is protected by a security system. This might act as a blockade to crimes, as the burglars might move to some unprotected place, which can be broken into effortlessly.
• The benefit over insurance rates: As installation of a security system in your house ensures protection against unwanted catastrophes like theft, fire breakdown, etc. Therefore, it might provide you with some financial benefit. Your home insurance company may offer discounted rates on your insurance policy, as there is less probability of claiming insurance against misfortunes like fire or theft.
What Are the Disadvantages Home Alarm System?
• Disconnection of phone lines: If your home alarm system is connected to the security service provider via a phone connection, discontinuation of the phone line by intruders will aid to break down the entire security system of your dwelling place. Therefore, be cautious and use cellular radio connectivity, which proves to be safer than a phone line. This will enable to send signals to the security service providers instantly on the occurrence of any trespassing.
• Fake alarm: Sometimes, sensors detect forged motions, which lead the alarm to send a false signal. This is a major drawback for alarm security system.
• Cost: Cost plays an eminent role in the installation process of an alarm system. Monthly charge by security service providers may at times burn your pockets.
Home security is the first priority for any homeowner. Therefore, installation of a home alarm system in the premise will let you and your family members enjoy utmost safety and security.
Above are some important points given which will help you to keep all the things remember before installing a home alarm system.
Picture Credit: ada, to