Clearwater is a beautiful beach city in Florida located west of Tampa and Northwest of St. Petersburg. If you have always considered a move to Florida but were always unsure of where to relocate, this city is an amazing one to consider. It is perfect for any age, as Clearwater is a very safe and quiet community to live in. Continue to read on for eight reasons why you should make Clearwater your home.
1. Sunny weather! If you like to see the sunshine more often than not, Clearwater is definitely for you. On average, they have 361 sunny days per year. Average temperatures are between 50 and 69 degrees in January, 75 and 90 in July, and 66 and 83 degrees in October.
2. Clearwater is the home of the Dolphin Trail. You will find more than 100 dolphins that are six feet tall made of fiberglass located throughout the city. Each one is decorated by local artists and sponsored by area businesses.
3. Sunsets at Pier 60 is a daily event that starts two hours before sunset. During this time, area artists will sell various items they have made and local street performers can be seen. The Pier also has a playground and people are able to fish if they desire. There is a cinema there to catch a movie as well.
4. There is no income tax. Granted, this is a perk for all of Florida, but it is especially great for residents of Clearwater as there are so many reasons as to why you would want to move to this beach city to begin with.
5. Speaking of beaches, Clearwater is full of them. Clearwater Beach is impeccable with white sands and clear waters. Enjoy lounging on the beach building sandcastles, people watching or taking a dip in the water. The beach is a great place to para-sail or hop on a wave-runner. Full-time lifeguards are on duty to ensure your beach stay is safe.
6. There are tons of restaurants in Clearwater full of flavor. If you crave shrimp or fish, you can try Nauti-Nancy’s. Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill is a great place for grilled fish that are caught locally and also play live music daily. And if you are in the mood for Asian foods, head to Island Way Grill where seafood has a twist with Asian classics. If you are hungry, but yet feel up to having some fun as well, make a trip to Tap and Token Arcade & Grille. Here, you will be able to play over 40 family-friendly games. A full menu and bar add to the wonderful atmosphere.
7. If you have children, there is plenty of schools to pick from. With a student to teacher ratio of 16:1, Clearwater has 41 public schools and 29 private schools. There are colleges and universities that are located near Clearwater too for those that want to continue their education.
8. Clearwater has a lower cost of living than other parts of the United States. It is 2% lower than the national average. Buying a home is much cheaper when compared to other cities and states.
As you can see, there are many great reasons to be a resident of Clearwater, Florida. The weather is fantastic with sunny skies on most days. The beach is glorious, there are many great eating choices, and the schools have a low student to teacher ratio. And with the cost of living being lower in this part of the country, it is a surefire reason as to why one should relocate to Clearwater.