People have been consuming green tea from a very long time. There were several Chinese herbalists who started using this health beverage for treating different kinds of health maladies like headaches or menstrual difficulties. As a matter of fact, there are several people in Japan and China who drink tea on a day to day basis.
Do you know the difference between the other kinds of tea and green tea? Well, if the answer is no, then this article is for you.
- Processing– Buying Loose Leaf Tea Online is a superb idea as you. It is important to pay attention to the fact that both black and green tea come from the same plant. But the processing is different. They are fermented in a different manner. The leaves of green tea leaves are put in the open for withering for almost 24 hours. This allows the water to evaporate. Then the leaves need to be pan fried or steamed. And finally, these leaves are dried and rolled.
- Flavor – Green tea is picked in its natural state. It tastes like the plant. But this is not the case with the black tea. Many people find the taste of green tea very “grassy” kinds. It will turn black only when you over brew it. It is important to pay attention to the fact that when you are Buying Green Tea Online in Australia you get to choose from a large number of varieties. The flavor and aroma of the tea may vary and a lot depends on the area where the tea is grown. It can be blended with fruits or herbs for its unique flavor. Those who do not enjoy the taste of green tea can actually relish the combinations.
- Caffeine Content– The caffeine content of green tea is much lower in comparison to the green tea. It has only 20 mg of caffeine in every serving. So it is an excellent substitute for all those who are conscious about their caffeine intake. High caffeinated beverages are known to cause jitters in many people.
- Methods of Serving – Green tea doesn’t require very hot water for brewing. The water needs to be heated to around 160°F. You can actually enjoy it with lemon, milk or sweetener. You can enjoy it the most when it is cold. Low temperature brings out the real taste of this healthy beverage. It is the best drink of the summer season. You can just keep a jug of green tea ready in the refrigerator and enjoy it as and when you want.
- Health Benefits– Green tea is hogging a lot of limelight due to the fact that it is associated with several amazing health benefits. It acts effectively against some of the deadly diseases. It is known to have natural antioxidants that act as potent health protectors. Several studies suggest that green tea has anti-cancer properties. But it is important that you consume it on a day to day basis.
Image Credit: pompi